Undenatured Whey has all the benefits of denatured whey but with addition of raising the levels of glutathione in the body. Glutathione is the most powerful anti-oxidant known in the body. During training and exercise through oxidative processes cell-damaging free radicals are increasing in the body. Raising glutathione levels in the body can have the following effects:
- Reduce the free radicals that lead to muscle inflammation and damage
- Reduce muscle fatigue/delayed onset muscle soreness
- Decrease recovery time from training
- Increase strength and endurance
- Improve ability to endure exhaustive exercise
- Increase peak power and work capacity
- Shift metabolism from fat production to muscular development
- Maintain white blood cell counts that normally fall during intense training sessions
- Prevent over training symptoms
- Improve performance
- Increase resistance to illness
- Detoxify foreign substances
Here is a simple recipe to follow.
1 cup filtered water
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
3/4 cup whole oats
Blend then add 1 scoop of Undenatured Whey and stir in until it is homogenized. Important: do not blend in Undenatured Whey with blender this will potentially denature the whey.
Let me know how this works out and if there is anything I can add or answer for you.
Information from Nutri-Notes/ ed. Dr. Lynn Toohey. Vol 10, #4